'Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.'
The first visit is all ABOUT you!
(What you can expect on your first visit!)
- When we make an appointment – we keep it! From beginning to end, your first visit with us will not take any longer than an hour.
- Our priority is your health and wellness. Dr. Briggs is going to sit down with you and actually listen to your concerns. He wants to know everything you can tell him about your condition.
- We will do a complete exam to learn as much as possible about your condition. Why? Because we want you to be given the personal care and expertise you deserve to achieve maximum health.
- Dr. Briggs will then meet with you and go over the findings of your examination. He will determine what kind of care you need and if chiropractic and/or laser services will help.
- Finally, enjoy the confidence with knowing what is causing your health concerns and what it will take to get to the solution.
- No treatments will begin until you understand what is being recommended and agree with this report of findings.
What We Often Treat
- Lower Back Pain,
- Neck Pain,
- Joint Pain
- Disc Problems,
- Sports Injuries,
- Workers Comp
Additional Treatments We Offer
- Spinal Decompression,
- Cervical Traction,
What to Expect After Your First Adjustment
- If you have never been adjusted, or if it has been awhile since your last adjustment, you may experience soreness or discomfort for a few hours to a few days. This is a normal reaction to chiropractic adjustments.
- If you are sore, use ice packs on the affected area. Ice therapy consists of the use of ice packs at 20 minute intervals followed by 40 minutes of rest. This can be repeated as often as needed. Do not apply ice directly to bare skin. Always protect skin with a thin covering such as a shirt or light towel. Cover the ice pack with a thick towel to retain the cold.
- Do not use heat except under the doctor’s instruction. Heat may aggravate your injury.
- Stay away from heavy lifting or repetitive movements until the doctor indicates you are ready for normal activities such as running, lift weights, impact aerobics, racquetball, tennis, skiing, bowling, ect. should be avoided. Other things to avoid are yard work such as raking, digging, lifting heavy objects such as groceries, pets and children, and any other activates that could aggravate or re-injure your condition.
- Unless indicated by the doctor, you may return to work/school after your appointment.
- If a sudden movement caused sharp pain or severe pain, or if your experience swelling please contact the clinic at 256-881-1575.
We attempt to take out as much of the “insurance hassle” as possible for you. We’ll happily telephone your insurance company to verify your coverage benefits.
Please remember, however, that the benefits quoted to us by your insurance company are not a guarantee of payment.
We will file your claim and await payment for 90 days. If your company pays the benefits they quote to us, the only services you will be responsible for are any non-covered services, deductibles or co-pays.
If you have any questions at all regarding you financial responsibilities at our office, please contact:
Fran Miller, TMG Physician Services
Email: FMiller[@]themillergroupinc[dot]com with “Briggs Chiropractic Clinic” in the subject line.
We do accept assignment from Medicare.
The check is usually sent directly to our office in payment of the services that Medicare will cover, which for Chiropractors is ONLY manual manipulation of the spine.
Medicare pays 80% of the allowable fee once the deductible has been met. You are required to pay the deductible and the remaining 20% as well as any non-covered services. Our office completes and files the forms for Medicare at no charge.
Of course we are always happy to accept cash, your personal check, MasterCard, Visa or Discover cards.
If your employer does not provide us with this information, if a settlement has not been made within 3 months, or if you suspend or terminate care, any fees and services are due immediately.
Notify our insurance department immediately if an attorney is representing you.
Although you are ultimately responsible for your bill, we will wait for settlement of your claim for up to six months after your care is completed. Once the claim is settled or if you suspend or terminate care, any fees for services are due immediately.
FORMS TO COMPLETEPlease click below complete our intake form!
We file your insurance for you.
Pay plans available.